Monday, February 23, 2009

If you're in the mood for a little driving..


This past Saturday, I went to Indianapolis. It was a very spontaneous idea. While working on Saturday, one of my co-workers, Jeff, and I decided to try and convince our new boss to let us leave work early and go to Indianapolis to pick up another co-worker and bring him back to town so that he could work on Sunday. We honestly did not think that our plan would work. (I work at the mall, and we get pretty busy on Saturdays. I was scheduled to work from 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., so asking to leave at 5:30 was a little excessive.) None the less, we were surprised when our boss, Danny, said that we could both go.


We decided to take my car, which in all honest wasn't the smartest idea in the world. You see, it had just snowed that morning, and it was supposed to continue snowing late. I drive a Firebird, and it has absolutely no traction when there is anything on the ground expect the road. However, with me driving like a normal person, we got to Indianapolis just fine.


We picked up our co-worker from his brother's, and started to head back to Lafayette. We didn't get very far, because we passed Circle Center Mall. We made a spur of the moment decision and decided to go and visit our old boss from work, Jason. I'm not very experienced with driving in "big" cities, so this adventure wasn't very easy for me. At one point, I was taking up three lanes of traffic because it was so confusing to me. We find a parking garage, and have to park on the fifth floor. We finally reach the inside of the mall, and go and see Jason. It was around 7 p.m., and he asked us to stay until 10 p.m., which was when he got off work. We decided to, and went to walk around the mall.


We went shopping, and witnessed a petty crime. (A young girl decided to steal a woman's shoe from her as she was sitting on a bench and ran away with it.) Soon after this, we met Jason soon after, and decided to go get something to eat. We took his car, and we drove to Greenwood, Indiana. It isn't too far from Indianapolis. We stopped first at Ruby Tuesday's, but found out that it closed at 11 p.m., which was in a half hour. We then drove to the mall in Greenwood, where we decided to eat at a place called BJ's.


None of had ever been there before, but Jason had heard good things about it. Also, it was open late. We went inside, and were seated almost immediately. After looking over their extensive menu, we ordered an appetizer to start with, as well as our drinks. The appetizer consisted of some amazing spinach-artichoke dip and chips, and also some avocado wraps and southwestern egg rolls. I wasn't a real fan of the avocado wraps, but they eggs rolls were surprisingly good. I got strawberry lemonade to drink, and it was very fruity. I had almost four glasses, if that tells you how good it was.


For dinner, I ordered Broccoli Chicken Pasta, and the other guests ordered a pizza called "Sweet Pig." The pizza had ham and pineapple on it. When the food arrived, they set my plate in front of me, but the waitress served the pizza to them. It was very nice. My food tasted pretty good, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. However, the pizza was out of this world.


After finishing up, we decided that it was too late to do anything else. We went back to the parking garage, where everyone except Jason got into my car. We left the parking garage, and drove home. We made it home safely, even though it snowed pretty bad the last twenty minutes of the drive.


If you are ever near Greenwood, Indiana, I strongly suggest this restaurant for a meal at anytime of the day. It had a very enjoyable atmosphere, a good waiting staff, and pretty wonderful food. And if you're old enough, they even brew their own beer.

1 comment:

  1. I've been to a BJs in Louisville, and apparently there's one in the greater Cincinnati area, too. Next time you go, get the homemade rootbeer. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete